AIM Group is a multidisciplinary group of companies with diversified interests in building and construction, Restaurant and Manufacturing, ICT and Broadcasting with presence in 3 main regions and other offices across the country
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information,prepare accurate and timely finanacial reports and statements and for looking after the financial activities of the company. S/He is also responsible for ensuring that appropiate accounting control procedures are in place. Shall also oversee cash management,banking operations,credit control policies,financial legislation and regulation.
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Documenting and monitoring internal control in support of auditing team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments within and outside the group
- Enforce and monitor compliance with company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Participating in the month end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget-to-actual reports.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheets account and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned general ledger account and balance sheets
- Work closely with inter company partners on inter company reconciliations
- Monitor and support taxation requirements
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Manage cash flow by supervising the balance sheets income statements
- Responsible for keeping the records of all financial and accounting data of the company
- Look for opportunities where company could invest for better outcomes on investments.
- Analyze business operations, trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Survey operatons to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Payment and filling of VAT and TAX and all other statutory reports
- Oversee the maintainance of a record of debtors and creditors
- Oversee the generation of list of subscription renewals due on monthly basis
- Recover debts, bringing up and servicing of creditors
- Develop, maintain and analyze,preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Analysing complex financial reports and records- compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Prepare financial management reports
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488108 to apply for this job .