Hotel Bon Voyage is a luxury brand with the vision to be the best value for money hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. Located in the heart of Victoria Island, a modern up and coming district, the hotel overlooks the Kuramo lagoon perfectly placed to attract business travelers.
- Sets standards for accounting and financial reporting systems;
- Ensures the financial policies, procedures and controls of HBV are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices (locally and globally);
- Oversees budget preparation, approval and execution processes
- Improves the systems surrounding all aspects of the HBVâ€™s budgets, forecasts and financial planning
- Analyses budget variances and consolidates the financial statement
- Ensures that all receivables are collected in a timely manner i.e 30days credit line
- Provides support to the HBV Founder/CEO and GM for funding
- Develops and manages long and short-term cash forecasts, utilizing historical trends, seasonal influences and future projections.
- Determines cash requirements and maintain appropriate cash flows with banking institutions to ensure adequate liquidity to meet all obligations and optimisation of cash.
- Develops and implements cash management systems for all operations, including policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Oversees daily cash management process: setting cash position, wire transfer operations, and deposit and disbursement accounts.
- Analyses moderate to complex financial information, including trends and forecasts
- Strategic planning process and defines strategies/plans for finance and accounting functions
- Manages finance processes, develops and implements a modern cost effective accounting system that will meet the challenges and objectives of the HBV
- Produces daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to the HBVâ€™s Executive Management ( or as may be required)
- Preparation of cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet
- Liaise effectively with the internal and external auditors to ensure that an efficient and effective audit process is carried out and on time
- In conjunction with the Maintenance unit, coordinate the disposal of all group related assets within the parameters of the groupâ€™s asset disposal framework.
- Other duties as assigned by the GM.
Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes
- Budgeting and Planning
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Sound organisational, administrative and managerial skills
- Good people management and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Knowledge of financial management systems; accounting policies and standards; tax management, cost accounting, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience within the finance/audit and control department of a corporate organisation or professional services organisation
- Previous experience of work in Hospitality or Hospitality Management services firm would be an added advantage
- Professional qualification such as: ACA, ACCA, ICAN, CFA etc. is required
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487892 to apply for this job .