Job Summary: The Training officer role is to develop and maintain a professional, dedicated training solution; to provide total coverage of all appropriate training needs to company’s clients, keeping up with the current trend. He is to also serve as an incident liaison officer, who attends to incidents reported by clients.
The job roles of the Training Officer include but not limited to the following:
· To provide high quality, professional training and training courses and materials to the highest standards for internal and external courses.
· To evaluate the effectiveness of the training and training materials and modify materials as appropriate.
· Acquire feedback on the courses needed for future planning/management information.
· To assist in the acquisition and maintenance of applicable skills within the unit and organization.
· to ensure that all guards, new and existing are trained and retrained to an appropriate level.
· To liaise with the Operations Manager in discussing with clients’ training needs when necessary; where necessary to accompany members of staff on site to evaluate training courses in order to facilitate progress monitoring.
· To approach clients and tailor specific customer training courses to fit their specific requirements.
· To ensure that activities are in line with the divisional and corporate objectives.
· Participate in guard’s appraisal processes.
· Prepare departmental reports of preceding month and submit to management on or before the 3rd of the following month.
· To provide advice and assistance as required to the operations manager and colleagues.
· Represent the organization at police station to report incidents.
· Participate in investigating incidences at client’s location
· Analyze, interpret, prepare and submit reports on every incidents at client’s location.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability (KSA’s)
· Excellent communication, facilitation, writing, and public speaking skills.
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
· Ability to plan, design and implement working training courses that responds to changes
· Classroom management skills.
· Knowledge of various tactical skills (defensive, combat skills).
· Knowledge of police investigative methods
· A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with formal training qualification is desirable.
· Retired police or army officer, properly discharged
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience of technical training delivery role, designing and implementing and maintaining training materials with a reputable security company or agent.
· Must be a retired police or army officer, properly discharged from the armed forces