If you're an expert pastry chef with years of experience and leadership skills to match, then you are the right person for the job .The chef is tasked with creating pastry dishes and overseeing dessert preparation.
- An executive pastry chef oversees the preparation of desserts and the baking of breads in a commercial kitchen.
- He or she develops dessert recipes and maintains an inventory of ingredients, while striving to achieve cost-efficiency for the restaurant.
- The executive pastry chef typically answers to the executive, or head, chef and supervises other pastry chefs.
DUTIES AND SKILLS
- A bachelor's program in pastry arts generally includes studies in baking and making desserts, as well as courses in management and psychology.
- Executive pastry chefs must possess the artistic ability to make their desserts appealing to the eye.
- An executive pastry chef who works in a hotel kitchen might need to know how to bake and decorate a wedding cake.
- An executive pastry chef also needs good communication skills since working with other chefs is a major function of the job.
- He or she must possess sufficient math skills to work within a budget when ordering ingredients.
NB: Strictly Lagos residents only.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487792 to apply for this job .