Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programmers for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace.
Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
- Keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behavior or breaks in regulations
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
- Creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspecting production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Meeting company health and safety goals
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Reviewing and reporting on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance
Safety Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Health, Safety, Regulations, Training, Education, Risk Assessment, Analysis, Auditing, Inspection, Communication and Responsibility.
NB: Strickly for Lagos residents only.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487791 to apply for this job .