Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, branded trade name Etisalat is a multinational UAE based telecommunications services provider, currently operating in 15 countries across Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As of February 2014, Etisalat is the 12th largest mobile network operator in the world, with a total customer base of more than 150 million. Etisalat was named the most powerful company in the UAE by Forbes Middle East in 2012
- Manage all primary and secondary research activities to deliver market insights for effective decision-making
- Plan and monitor tactical studies related to brand health checks, market segmentation, customer satisfaction studies, mystery shopping, network quality check, retail audits and other ad-hoc studies.
- Prepare and implement an annual research plan aimed at conducting market research activities to provide accurate and timely information on consumer trends/patterns/preferences.
- Set research guidelines in compliance with tested leading practices.
- Define the research methodologies and instruments to be used for each research project.
- Review questionnaires, moderator guides and other research tools and ensure compliance with tested leading practices.
- Conduct spot checks on all field research projects (especially those conducted by third-party market research companies) to validate findings and ensure data integrity.
- Review proposals and conduct selection of third-party market research companies.
- Liaise with research agencies and ensure proper communication of survey objectives to them.
- Interpret research findings and distil key highlights from survey results. Present research findings to user departments/divisions/units as required.
- Conduct regular reviews of all data sources and suppliers to ensure quality control.
- Provide clear direction, set targets, prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities to each member of the EMTS market research team.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Market Strategy, Pricing & Insight.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Market Strategy, Pricing & Insight.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- First degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline.
Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in a FMCG, research or telecoms sectors
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487676 to apply for this job .