We are a childcare facility offering children from 12 weeks to 18 months an amazing, educational and fun experience in a comfortable and relaxed setting, a home away from home. We support, respect and encourage each child's self discovery and independence, the unique potential of every child is identified and harnessed.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic teaching professional to join our team. You will be in charge of nurturing and developing the knowledge, abilities, and social skills of children from three to five years old and helping to prepare them for primary school education.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and carrying out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills
- Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes
- Developing and organising learning materials, visual aids and teaching resources, and making imaginative use of resources
- Developing schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Organising and supervising play and work activities (for example reading, cooking, music, dancing etc)
- Assisting with the development of children's personal, social and language abilities
- Supporting the development of children's basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication
- Monitoring and maintaining records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests
- Watching for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bringing problems to the attention of parents
- Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as speech therapists and health visitors
- Working with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
You will need to be between 20 – 35 years of age, and show evidence of the following:
- A respect and fondness for children
- Minimum of NCE
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- At least two years experience of working with children
- Skills in curriculum planning, activity design and creation
- Excellent classroom management techniques
- Creativity and the ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Ability to work independently, as well as being able to work in a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Eagerness and capacity to learn quickly
- Energy, patience and a caring nature
- A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- An understanding of the law around keeping children safe (safeguarding)
- An early childhood certification and first- aid training is an added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487661 to apply for this job .