Our company required self motivated individuals commercial horticulturists whose specialized in cultivating, packaging and selling crops ranging from food and vegetables to decorative plants. At the top levels, they should be business-minded managers who monitor all aspects of the production process, helping to make sure that crops go smoothly from seedbed to market.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Overseeing horticultural cultivation, maintenance and weed/pest/disease control program mes.
- Ensuring compliance with general regulations and legislation.
- Organizing horticultural trials
- Analyzing horticultural yields, operational costs and financial returns
- Supervising and training staff
- Developing new products and negotiating contracts with buyers and suppliers.
- Liaising/communicating with colleagues, local officials, customers, professional groups etc
- Marketing and selling produce
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degrees / HNDs in horticulture, agriculture, soil/earth sciences, environmental science or crop/plant science. And a relevant postgraduate qualification could be an added advantage.
- Evidence of initiative, commercial awareness and good problem solving, communication, team working and practical cultivation skills may be required.
- All candidates must be physically fit and capable of working well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines with a driving license.
Some months of post qualification with ability to relearn, teachable and availability.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/487537 to apply for this job .