The State of Osun, in conjunction with partners from the Organised Private Sector and International Development Institutions, is setting up an Investment and Project Delivery Unit (‘Delivery Unit’) as part of a broader strategy of repositioning the State as a preferred investment destination in Nigeria.
The Unit will operate from the Office of the Governor and is expected to interface with Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of Government (MDAs) to facilitate Investments, Project Monitoring, Capacity Building, Performance Management, Cost management, amongst others.As such, applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates that meet the requirements of the job roles listed below. Candidates are expected to be mobile and should be willing to work from the State.
- Ideal candidate must possess a BSc in Accounting/Economics; MBA; and ICAN/ACCA/CFA professional qualification.
- At least 8 years working experience in Consulting, banking, Development Financial Institution (DFI), or similar role in the public sector.
- She/he must be proficient in MS Suits, and Project management.
- Strong knowledge of IPSAS is most desirable.
- The candidate must be a team player and should be able to work under tight schedules.
- Streamline recurrent expenditure of the Government
- Support budget balancing
- Institute Value for Money (VfM) framework across expenditure lines and projects
- Review and improve on Procurement processes and controls using best practice
- Facilitate plugging of revenue leakages
- Innovatively support the State’s Inland Revenue Service and like agencies of Government in widening channels for additional revenue receipts
- Enforcement of the International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS) in Financial Reporting
- Perform such other functions as assigned by the Head Delivery Unit
- Conduct Staff Audit to identify and eliminate ghost workers
- Review the State's MTEF procedure and ascertain the sustainability of the process
- Reposition the budget system on a Result-based model
- Eliminate duplications in expenditure line items across MDAs in the budget system
- Conduct in-house training on the deployment of a VFM system
- Work with the Auditor General to identify any other areas of leakages in the financial system of the Government
- Work with the Ministry of Finance (MoF) and Office of the Accountant General to ensure compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS)
- Monitor the trend of the State's budget deficit over the last three years
- Provide innovative solution to narrowing the budget deficit
- Stress test the adequacy of the Procurement guidelines and associated laws of the state
- Suggest improvement to the Procurement laws
- Ensure that due process is strictly followed in the award of contracts in the State
- Work with OIRS and other relevant agencies to conduct periodic Revenue Assurance of receipts accruable to the State
- Work with the OIRS on innovative ways of aggressively enhancing IGR
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486834 to apply for this job .