Arbico Plc is a full service, building, and civil engineering contracting company. It was established in 1958 and has been quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978.
The company has become one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Description of Position:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project.
- Make sure that the project is complying with the regulations throughout all its stages.
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Help in specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Prepare tender applications and presentations.
- Draw up tender documents for contracts.
- Helping with bids for new contracts.
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time, accordingly to Design and to budget.
- Liaise with other team members as well as with external consultants to agree on any changes and updates in the project documents.
- Liaise with other departments of the company to smooth the project processes.
- Be a force of proposal within the project and the team, undertaking research and keeping up with the latest building regulations.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Use computers and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data.
- Prepare Revit material schedules for cost planning and control.
- Liaise with Data & Cost manager for Revit material parameters.
- Assist in finding out client requirements
- Operate risk, value management and cost control;
- Prepare and submit quotations and bills of quantities for work.
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting procurement activities.
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Assist to assess and to value the completed on-site work and arrange payments;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- The management of a data library of materials and labour costs. This management includes the up-keeping, the updating, regular meetings and material presentation and a supplier’s details agenda.
- Liaise with the other departments of the company in order to smooth the project processes.
- Be able to understand the principles of the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data
- M A Architecture
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Minimum of 5years Architectural experience
- Experience in Consulting firm preferred
- Good Design and drawing skills.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Above-average use of Microsoft suite (Word and Excel).
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAd and Autodesk REVIT.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486592 to apply for this job .