MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- To operate and maintain submarine cable landing station in order to ensure high availability of the submarine cable networks and corresponding traffic terminating at the station
- Carry out planned works for several nights in row in conjunction with submarine network NOC.
- Carry emergency operational procedures at odd hours in event of submarine cable cut on call-out basis.
- Work with CLS engineers in other stations in different time zones and who are not fluent in English language.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of terminal station (dry plant) equipment. This include but not limited to:
- SLTE alarm check
- SLTE performance monitoring
- SLTE optical measurement
- PFE alarm check
- PFE voltage/current check
- PFE calibration
- SN (submarine NMS) backup
- Wet plant monitoring (repeater and branching unit)
- Maintain the SLDs (straight line diagrams) and RPLs (route position list), ensuring that they are updated after every major cable repair.
- Perform corrective maintenance on terminal station equipment in coordination with the NOC. This includes but not limited to:
- Make observations
- Initiate corrective procedures or decide on course of action
- Record all relevant observation and results
- Rectify faults or notify responsible section
- Perform first line equipment repair or notify responsible authority
- Implement dispatch procedure for faulty equipment
- Confirm repair
- Compile report on any failure event
- Maintain and update system maintenance documents
- Implement WOs (work orders) for new circuits in conjunction with the NOC.
- Test new circuits in conjunction with other stations and local terrestrial network O&M staff.
- Inventory management. This management of installed and spare inventory.
- Supplier & Vendor management: Monitor the routine maintenance activities of suppliers and act as RHE for them in case of emergency and recommend changes to agreed methods and procedures based on observation and data.
- Implement and maintain all interconnectivity on customer access pre-cabled and On-demand ODFs based on WOs for MTN and other submarine cable parties.
- Provide first line maintenance on MTN terrestrial backhaul network equipment at the landing station.
- Normal MTNN working conditions, but may be required to work long hours
- Minimal local travel
- A first degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of four years work experience
- With at least two years work experience in Telecommunication industry, with specific experience using multiplexers microwave, satellite and fibre optic transmission equipment.
- Ericsson DXX PDH and SDH multiplexer training
- Huawei Optix SDH and DWDM multiplexer training
- DCME training
- Specific Equipment Training
- Minimum Qualification
- BA, BEng, BTech or HND
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486338 to apply for this job .