Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
- Chemonics seeks a director of medical and community services for an anticipated multiyear USAID health project in Nigeria. SHARP Nigeria aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions.
- The project will focus on governance, access to, and demand for HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- It will support efficient HIV case identification and linkage to care and treatment; enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key populations; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Lead the design and implementation of both clinical and community service delivery components of the project
- Lead the implementation of the project design to ensure quality service delivery consistent with national and international standards and guidelines
- Lead in the use of program data for program improvement and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Support all the technical project staff and manage any clinical and community-related issues in the project
- Liaise with the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Write and contribute to project reports and other deliverables
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or a related discipline
- Minimum eight years of experience designing and implementing public health programs especially HIV/AIDS; TB; and maternal, newborn, and child health in developing countries
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming, including prevention, treatment, care and support, prevention of mother to child transmission HIV/TB, orphans and vulnerable children and crosscutting areas such as health systems strengthening
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects, including at least eight years in the field of international development
- Extensive experience managing similar projects
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, and knowledge sharing
- Experience managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs preferred; familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contract reporting requirements of the U.S. government, particularly the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Nigerian nationals highly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English required
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/486108 to apply for this job .