Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. Its objective is to bring about a global response to the basic needs of populations suffering from acute humanitarian crisis and to allow them to recover their autonomy and dignity.
Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 22 countries to cover the needs of populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
PUI in Nigeria implements emergency and recovery projects in different sectors.
Under the direct supervision of: Admin, HR & Finance Base Manager
Under the overall supervision of: Field Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant Finance has to help the Administrative, HR & Finance base manager in all the activities related to finance and cash management.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Keep and maintain all the accounts records in soft as well as in hard form.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledgers
- Responsible of the dialing routine of the organization with the banks
- Prepare the first draft of and reconciliation of bank statements
- Establish and maintain third parties accounts
- Prepare and submit a first draft of regular accounting reports to the Administrative, HR & Finance base manager
- Reconcile others services transactions
- Any other accounting task assign by the supervisor.
- Processes receipts and invoices
- Issue checks for all accounts due
- Maintain financial files and records
- Assist with preparation of the cash flow forecast
- Prepare the first draft of monthly financial statements balance sheets, income, etc.)
- Assist with the audits on the field
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri
Education degree: University degree in Finance, Accounting,
Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
- Strong motivation
- Accounting and finance
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485695 to apply for this job .