Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change. Together we are working to achieve our vision of 'a just world without poverty' and to be a powerful partner in global and local communities of people connected for change.
To work with others to overcome poverty, stress and suffering.
- To support the security coordinator in providing advice to the Country Director on safety and security related issues.
- Supports a range of responsibilities related to the safety and security of all stair eligible dependents, eligible partners and contractors, resources, assets, facilities, programmes, and projects and ensures compliance with all United Nations security policies, procedures and regulations.
- To support the day to day management of safety and security for Oxfam in NE Nigeria LCB Response.
Key Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)
- Security Analysis and Reporting:
- Contributes to the ongoing analysis of tire context and risks assessment in relation to the security situation in NE Nigeria.
- Maintains an incident reporting system and a database of incidents, develop and maintain SOPs for each programme location that will be used to make security decisions.
- Supports regular and ad hoc security assessment missions to gather information and to analyse tire overall security situation in existing and potential areas of interventions.
- Supports crisis management support (evacuation and hibernation) as required.
- Security awareness:
- Maintains travel management systems, provide travelers with timely information as it relates to safety and security and ensures compliance with all related duty of care requirements
- Supports the facilitation of appropriate security learning and development opportunities.
- Security Liaison:
- Maintains close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to gather reliable security information.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices and the adoption of an integrated approach where possible.
- Represents in security & emergency related briefings and meetings and share security related information accordingly.’
Educational Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years INGO/UN safety and risks management experience and proven practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Familiarity with conflict or post conflict environment in a high threat environment.
- Experience in liaising with communities, civilians, police and/or military government authorities as well as with regional institutions essential.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485653 to apply for this job .