Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC, seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
- Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated multiyear, USAID-funded health project in Nigeria. SHARP Nigeria aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions, enhance state and local governance, and increase access to and demand for HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- SHARP will support HIV case identification and linkage to care and treatment; enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key populations; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee, and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serve as the project's key liaison with USAID, the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master's degree or higher in Public Health or Medicine
- Minimum 10 years of relevant development experience designing, implementing, and managing USAID or other donor-funded health programs of similar size, scope, and complexity
- Proven success in managing HIV/AIDS programs and strong technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS, malaria, TB, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, and quality improvement/quality assurance
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with local government stakeholders, international donors, and local partners at the national and subnational levels; track record of building capacity of local partners
- Chief of party experience for a donor-funded project in Nigeria or West Africa preferred
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, and knowledge sharing
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams in developing countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to articulate a strategic vision
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485647 to apply for this job .