- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms
- Ensure that a building or product complies with health and safety regulations, especially after an inspection that required changes
- Install safety devices on machinery or direct the installation of these devices
- Review employee safety programs and recommend improvements
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Identify and measure potential safety hazards in the workplace.
- Recommend appropriate loss prevention methods.
- Access probability of harm.
- Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
- Ensure new products do not cause harm.
- Develop hazard control methods.
- Coordinate safety programs.
- Design and install safety devices.
- Investigate industrial accidents.
- Conduct air quality and water quality tests.
- Advise workers on the proper use of safety equipment and clothing.
Key competencies/ experience required
- 3-5 years working experience in Safety Management
- At least two (2) years post qualifying experience with not less than three (3) years in a managerial position in the Industry.
- Experience of all aspects of Safety operations and Management.
- Should have excellent leadership, communication and coaching skills, as well as experience of leading multidisciplinary projects
- Experience working in West Africa or preferably in Nigeria would be an advantage
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) software
- Well-developed report writing and presentation preparation and delivery skills, Strong appreciation of project management skills with ability to multi task and function effectively under pressure
- Very Strong leadership with excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and provide direction and coaching
- Results oriented with a high sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills. Political savvy, diplomacy, maturity and tact including the ability to relate with a diversity of people
Person Specification Qualifications
Minimum HND or Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering / Safety Management
REMUNERATION: very attractive.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485614 to apply for this job .