Bradfield Consulting - Our client, a medium sized company with business interests in stockbroking, real estate and consulting is seeking to move out from its present focus in stockbroking to other areas of business opportunities. Hence the need for a dynamic and agile Head of Business Operations to coordinate the activities of the various sectors.
The Head of Business Operations will plan, direct and coordinate all organization’s operations. S/He will be responsible for improving performance and also generate new and lucrative business ideas.
- Manage and direct operations team to achieve business targets.
- Assist in developing or updating standard operating procedures for all business operational activities.
- Build strong relationship by addressing customer issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist in employee appraisals, promotions, compensation and termination based on the performance review.
- Provide operational support and guidance to staff.
- Assist in developing operating and capital budgets.
- Monitor and control expense according to allotted budget.
- Assist in interviewing, recruiting and training candidates.
- Manage work assignment and allocation for staff.
- Conduct performance review and provide performance feedback to staff.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation for operational procedures and activities.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure team follows standard operating procedures for all operational functions.
- Conduct regular meetings with team to discuss issues, concerns, updates etc.
- Support operational risk and audit process for the purpose of preventive maintenance
- Demonstrate a flexible and available attitude allowing continuous service delivery
- Natural leadership and proactive attitude in handling and resolving operation matters
- Positive influence on other team members and stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate independent initiative, make sound decisions using effective problem-solving techniques
- Ability to develop and present comprehensive reports
- Innovation, creativity and ability to generate new business ideas
- Ability to satisfy the clients in providing a good service and in continuously improving
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or HND; MBA/MSC degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience
- At least 5 years cognate experience in Project Management, Business Development and/or Operations Management with a proven record of achievement.
- Professional qualification from Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers will be an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485468 to apply for this job .