MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995.
- Identify suitable space, negotiate availability and finalize an agreement that will result in the establishment of physical infrastructure for the academy, the MTF Director and the Human Resource Team
- Determine the physical resources, materials and equipment required for use in the MTF Academy and collaborate with assigned company employees to finalize procurement
- Finalize a curriculum framework and accredited post-school institution with relevant academic programmes to deliver credit-bearing courses for the academic training that is responsive to identified needs and constraints with all relevant stakeholders
- Finalize an agreement on the delivery of the academic programme with Legal Experts
- Engage with key industry and regulatory stakeholders, in collaboration with assigned company employees, to secure buy-in and support for the MTF Academy concept
- Ensure that key stakeholders are identified and involved in an advisory capacity and accordance with the MTF objectives to entrench the MTF as a key industry talent pipeline initiative
- Investigate and establish partnerships with industry experts to plan the delivery of industry professional master classes according to identified needs
- Effective and successful management of the MTF Academy
- Effectively participate and play a leading role in the recruitment and selection of interns according to the agreed strategy, schedule and timelines
- Effectively manage the MTF Academy to ensure successful implementation and operations and manage MTF Academy plans and schedules as determined
- Monitor the effectiveness of intern learning experiences while they are placed on productions by means of agreed monitoring and reporting templates and mitigate any challenges that are identified
- Ensure that the MTF Academy and its programmes are aligned to identified industry needs, constraints and opportunities
- Provide MTF Academy reports according to agreed reporting timelines
- Arrange the production of the pre-determined number of local productions (short films) by teams of interns to ensure that they meet with the quality standards of MultiChoice Africa, M-Net and/or their subsidiaries
- Identify a facilitating producer/s and production facility/facilities for interns during the development of their local productions at rates that are cost-effective for the MTF Academy as a development initiative and finalize an agreement.
- Provide overall management and oversight of intern conduct while part of the MTF Academy
- Appoint a Human Resources co-ordinator to ensure successful implementation of Academy activities and intern conduct
- Manage relationships with key industry stakeholders, in collaboration with assigned company employees, to ensure the creation of goodwill from the MTF Academy in accordance with its business and developmental objectives
- Participate, as assigned, in various campaigns and events to generate awareness of the MTF Academy and the graduation of interns
- Execute any related tasks to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the MTF Academy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film and TV Production or equivalent.
- MBA/Master’s degree is an added advantage
- 10 years’ experience in film and TV production.
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of local Film and TV industry.
- Conceptualize innovative ideas to successfully run the MTF and create social value.
- Good understanding of modern film and TV production trends.
- Good understanding of skills development issues in the film, television and related industries
- The incumbent is required to have the following behavioural competencies:
- Strategic and Business Acumen
- Aligns the direction and performance of the MTF with the organisations operational and strategic direction. Understands situations /problems and can identify relationships between multiple variables and make use of inductive and conceptual reasoning to generate strategies based on previous experience.
- Interpersonal Competence
- Builds and sustains a network of working relationships based on acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect. Initiate and participate in activities to strengthen working relationships and may effectively resolve arising confrontations.
- Impact and Influence
- Through careful preparation may persuade and influence others to agree with and support ones agenda.
- Initiative and Drive
- Acts goal-orientated and independently without receiving constant supervision. Understands when to involve others in a decision and demonstrates stamina in difficult situations. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and can proactively take action.
- Emits motivation and confers enthusiasm to others.
- Enjoys being creative and can think of new solutions.
- Inclined to critically evaluates information and looks for potential limitations.
- Prefers to adopt a long-term perspective and is more likely to take a strategic perspective without losing sight of the operational aspects.
- A strong preference to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- A strong interest in the development of people and promoting emerging film and television talent
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485448 to apply for this job .