To provide outstanding leadership, teaching and learning of core subjects to ensure high attainment of their students.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with their subject network.
- Create a nurturing and structured classroom and school environment that helps pupils, to learn.
- Create excellent pupil discipline and culture inside their classroom and across the school
- Help to maintain/establish discipline across the school
- Contribute to the efficient running of the school
- Use regular, measurable and important assessments to monitor progress and set goals
- Produce periodic assessments with marking schemes
- Ensure end of year assessments reflect each pupil’s overall academic level which is both externally valid and provides an accurate baseline for the next academic year
- Purposefully and meticulously plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that make the way for success in school and life
- Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
- Set and mark appropriate homework at appropriate times
- Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of their teaching
- Complete all reporting on time
- Closely monitor progress and attainment of their pupils and use it to inform their teaching
- Ensure that all pupils achieve academic targets
- Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
- Organize and participate in exciting and motivating field trips and events
- Answer “homework help” phone calls from pupils until 8.30pm
- Help create a strong academic community, characterised by consistent, caring, orderly and respectful relationships
- Help develop a school culture that is committed to achievement
- Create and sustain a positive class culture
- Care for each pupil as an individual and ensure that they succeed academically while developing emotionally and socially
- Undertake regular professional development courses and programs as agreed with school
- Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school, including: attending home visits, eating lunch with pupils, supervising silent sustained reading, break supervision, inter-house sports and other school events and trips
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Head of School.
- Undertake the main professional duties of a teacher as set out in the Sprout Hall International School pay and conditions of service document
DESIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
Candidate must be a qualified teacher and have experience teaching.
Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extra-curricular activities etc.
Skills and Attributes
- High expectations for accountability and consistency
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
Teaching and Learning
- Excellent classroom practitioner.
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
- Has good communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement.
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
Alignment with Sprout Hall vision
- Relentless drive to do whatever it takes to ensure all students succeed
- The belief that with the right environment more than 95% of our pupils are able to excel.
- The courage and conviction to make a difference
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Empathy and the ability to understand the needs, aspirations and motivation of diverse individuals and groups
- The ability to influence and motivate others
- Identify, analyse and resolve problems and issues.
- Develop plans with concrete outcomes and effective solutions.
- Evaluate results and identify necessary actions.
- Make fact-based decisions.
- Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks.
- Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision.
- Be adaptable in the face of adversity.
- Results and learning orientation
- Awareness of own strengths and limits
- Commitment to ongoing improvement and learning
- A passion for teaching
- Focus on achieving challenging goals and results
- Resourcefulness and flexibility in delivering outcomes
- Word Processing Skills
- Spreadsheets Skills
- Electronic Presentation Skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- Knowledgeable on computer-related storage devices (Knowledge: disks, CDs, USB drives, zip disks, DVDs, etc.)
ABOUT SPROUT HALL
Sprout Hall International School a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary school, which prides itself on its ability and determination to provide excellent nurturing and learning environment required for tomorrow’s leaders.
At SHIS we unlock the world and we do not take our parents, pupils and students dreams for granted. We never have and we never will. That is why SHIS was invented in 1997.
SHIS has excellent facilities for all curriculum areas complemented by our highly experienced, dedicated and diligent staff providing quality theoretical and practical learning experiences.
Our teaching is classic laced with creativity and an immense amount of love. So education to us, should be a cocktail of theory, practice, application and fun.
Join this school as a Teacher and enjoy working at one of the most advanced and well-liked schools in the area. Teach at this thriving school; click 'Apply now' to send your CV and covering letter to the email provided.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485384 to apply for this job .