The Key Populations Technical Advisor will provide technical and program oversight and direction in the areas of HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations, including integration of MNCH and TB, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria. It is anticipated that the position will be based in Abuja. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and technical guidance in the development and implementation of HIV prevention health activities and contributing to cross-cutting approaches, such as in-service and pre-service training, quality improvement and gender integration. This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. This position is contingent upon award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained project goals, objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality program implementation that is consistent with Nigeria’s national health guidelines, protocols and standards.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and alliances with the Federal Ministry of Health, CDC, as well as other USG implementing partners, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to maximize resources, coordinate activities and avoid duplication of effort.
- Represent Jhpiego’s interests and present progress, achievements and lessons learned to key stakeholders including CDC and implementing partners in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets and provide oversight on core funding agreements.
- Ensure the quality of interventions.
- Facilitate the development of innovative project approaches and interventions.
- Ensure the sustainability of interventions particularly in the area of capacity building.
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant technical working groups with counterparts and other implementing partners.
- Provide program leadership and strategic direction to ensure the program’s technical and financial integrity are guaranteed and to achieve program goals, objectives and targets.
- Work collaboratively with other program team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Lead annual work planning and budgeting process, in close collaboration with CDC, the Federal Ministry of Health, respected State Ministries of Health, project team and project partners.
- Collaborate with the other program team members to oversee program activities, ensure timely implementation and timely, accurate reporting to donor and others as necessary.
- Supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts in to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Provide updates on the progress made, direction, approaches and successes of the program to donor and partners and internally within Jhpiego.
- Work with M&E staff to develop M&E frameworks and effectively track data/results.
- Ensure compliance with CDC operational policies and regulations.
- Manage sub grantee partners if applicable.
- Clinical and/or management master’s degree in public health, health administration, international health or a related field; MD preferred.
- Proven track record of leading and managing large (more than US$5 million per year) USG-supported public health programs and budgets in developing countries; HIV projects preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of professional, progressively more responsible management experience of international public health program phases (design, implementation, monitor, reporting and financial management).
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable programs in West Africa, preferably in Nigeria.
- Experience designing and managing HIV/AIDS, prevention, care and treatment programs.
- Proven track record directing, motivating and managing a project team composed of technical experts and administrative staff.
- Ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers.
- Understanding of CDC, USG and PEPFAR donor’s regulations and compliance, reporting requirements, and health strategic framework.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in leading annual work plans, incorporating national Technical Working Groups directives, and collaborating on local action plans.
- Capacity for analyzing technical problems and issues that impede efforts to provide improved health care to populations; developing technical solutions to these problems/issues and assisting in the design of operational research that could yield appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in strategic program planning, implementation and management.
- Solid understanding of Nigeria’s health system.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams and developing communities of learning among host-country partners and counterparts.
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally.
- Nigerian nationals strongly preferred.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485340 to apply for this job .