The Key Populations Technical Advisor will provide technical and program oversight and direction in the areas of HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations, including integration of MNCH and TB, for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment (comprehensive services) project in Nigeria. It is anticipated that the position will be based in Abuja. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and technical guidance in the development and implementation of HIV prevention health activities and contributing to cross-cutting approaches, such as in-service and pre-service training, quality improvement and gender integration. This position will ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and partners, support the design of service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. This position is contingent upon award. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide mentoring and capacity building assistance at the individual and organizational level in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to:
- improving continuity of care and follow-up for HIV-positive mothers;
- ensuring the quality of rapid HIV counseling and testing, including provider initiated testing and counseling in priority district health services:
- strengthening the relationships between the community and the health facilities to enable adherence, as well as integrating couples counseling:
- oversee the engagement of communities as the entry point to ANC and PMTCT services; and
- interventions for co-occurring diseases impacting HIV-infected patients including TB.
- Develop new/review evidence-based clinical training materials, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of PMTCT activities to meet the needs of the Government of Nigeria
- Reinforce the peer review process, including sharing lessons learned and best practices adopted, to continually bridge performance gaps
- Provide training of trainers, in-service and pre-service education, follow-up and supportive supervision to health workers, and/or CBOs
- Actively participate in relevant Technical Advisory Group Meetings, and represent Jhpiego in professional forums by participating and presenting in pertinent meetings and conferences
- Analyze potential PMTCT, MNCH and HIV strategies within the context of the program and explain these, as necessary, to policymakers, funding agencies, and/or program staff
- Formulate and test sustainable solutions to training and service delivery gaps, utilizing cross-cutting approaches such as performance and quality improvement
- Provide regular feedback to the Technical Director and program and technical staff, on successes, challenges and lessons learned in implementation related to areas of technical expertise
- Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for quality improvement
- Author and co-author abstracts and presentations for journals and conference
- Assist in the preparation of donor reports and project reports
- A clinical degree (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, laboratory technology or other) required; specialty training in medicine, infectious diseases, or other relevant advanced clinical degree preferred
- At least five (5) years’ experience in implementing HIV treatment, care and support programs including PMTCT and TB/HIV
- Experience training health workers and/or CBOs in comprehensive HIV and TB care
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in national programs and technical staff in the areas
- Experience with a mix of practical technical skills in HIV and TB care
- The ability to liaise with senior MOH officials, NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, the for-profit business community, and donors
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Nigeria healthcare system
- Familiarity with CDC and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
- Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in English;
- Computer literacy including strong skills in word processing and Excel;
- Ability to travel unrestricted within Nigeria and internationally
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485337 to apply for this job .