We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
To support the Manager, Operations in the Management of the Company’s Vessels. To ensure Marine complies with all statutory and legislative matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible together with the Manager, Operations for verifying company’s vessels are compliant with all relevant legislation and the requirements of Classification Societies, producing variance reports for senior management as required.
- Monitor or report on new or current legislation, which may impact on the operation of the ships or the department ashore
- Monitor all department budgets. Produce monthly and annual budget reports for the department.
- To support the Manager, Operations for the Crewing of company’s vessels.
- Support Ship/Shore inter-communication process.
- Provide technical advice to other departments within the company.
- Ensure delivery of appropriate feedback on task completion, outstanding work, condition of asset and additional work required.
- Conduct, in support of Manager, Operations periodic inspection of vessel assets.
- Control and maintain/update database of company’s vessels
- Monitor the vessels budgets in support of Manager, Operations.
- Control of dry dock and repair budgets, capital and expenditure within stipulated limits and time constraints.
- Provide budgetary figures for Capital and future Expenditure.
- Oversee procurement matters to ensure best value for money and standards are maintained.
- Following IMO,ICS and other industry related developments
Technical Capacity, Planning and Organising, Teamworking and Cooperation, Professionalism.
- 1 to 3 years’ work experience in Engineering or Management.
- Bachelor’s degree / Higher National Diploma in any Business Administration or Management discipline
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/485173 to apply for this job .