Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Nigeria is seeking to hire a Plant Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate should have experience in the pharmaceutical or health sciences industry. Candidate should have knowledge of world class manufacturing principles, and will be expected to provide leadership to effectively manage maintenance and engineering functions of the manufacturing plant.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing the analysis required to assist in the effective planning and development of annual engineering and maintenance budgets and the planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
- Manage the maintenance organization responsible for plant physical properties including buildings, grounds, machinery and equipment, in compliance with local, state and federal environmental and fire prevention standards.
- Enable high performance operations, by leveraging such Lean/6 Sigma techniques as TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) to engage operators to improve equipment effectiveness with an emphasis on proactive and preventive maintenance.
- Guarantee optimum decisions are made/implemented regarding factory assets (including investment cycle), in alignment with the business strategy.
- Ensure that the utilities' needs of production are fulfilled and optimized. That all utilities that come/may come in contact with product are treated according to the GMP acceptance criteria.
- Develop and maintain engineering competences at the factory (including technical and management competencies, talent review, career and succession planning, etc.)
- Guarantee Team leadership, team development and training of team members.
- Report directly to the Plant Manager.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and / or equivalent experience which has provided professional knowledge of plant engineering disciplines.
Minimum 5 years supervisory in a technical field, preferably in pharmaceuticals, food manufacturing or consumer goods industry with knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines, automated control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety regulations and practices, and professional industrial maintenance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Key experience in a production environment.
- Have basic knowledge in the development of engineering projects, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Participation in the start-up of technical equipment(s) and/or production line(s) (preferably including industrial services supply).
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary teams that focuses in process or packing optimization/continuous improvement.
- Self-Management following defined KPIs/Objectives, and proactively tracking them
- Maintenance budget preparation and control (preferably including exposure to TPM, preventive maintenance planning and/or maintenance execution).
- Preparation of investment budgets and acquisition of technical equipment (for production and/or industrial services.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimum supervision and must possess ability to make sound judgements with confidence.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work cross-functionally and develop/utilize collaborative relationships.
- Flexible work habits with maturity to accept changing demands as they occur.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484944 to apply for this job .