We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Manager, Finance is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance department by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the MD/CEO and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the senior executives as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter.
Financial Management, Business Acumen, Communication Proficiency, Ethical Conduct, Problem Solving/Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Technical Capacity.
- 5 to 7 years’ work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters in finance, business administration, accounting or statistics.
- Relevant training certifications will be helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the finance department.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484939 to apply for this job .