We are an indigenous company, positioned as a preferred Marine Logistics/ Maritime Security Service Provider, recognized for safe, reliable, prompt, efficient and quality service delivery for the market and communities we serve in.
The Cook is responsible for meal planning and preparation on the vessel, management of galley, stores and galley budget as well as housekeeping responsibilities. Position reports to the Captain of the vessel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring International/National Rules & Regulations, relevant Shipping Industry Standards and Guidelines and Company Policies and Procedures are followed throughout his areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring proper storage and use of all provisions and equipment in his areas of responsibility
- Preparing and serving food at required intervals and ensuring availability for personnel requiring food at unscheduled intervals, i.e., during night shifts, following bunkering operations etc.
- Cleaning Mess Rooms the Galley and storage areas
- Supervising cleaning of accommodation areas Preparing requisitions for approval by the Master, and purchasing Galley and Accommodation Stores and provisions
- Requesting and supervising pest control in respective areas, as and when required
- Ensuring a safe and hygienic environment at all times
- Reporting Accidents, Near Misses and Non-Conformances to the Master, assisting with investigations into the cause and suggesting Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Suggesting changes to improve the Safety Management System
- Ensuring Corrective & Preventive Actions are implemented in his areas of responsibility
- Ensuring documentation associated with his areas of responsibility are maintained in accordance with Company procedures.
- Inventory and cost control experience.
- Menu planning skills
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitary health standards
- Skills in creating a hospitable, welcoming environment.
- Minimum of One (1) year experience
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate Examination (S.S.C.E)
- STCW 95 Certificates: Basic Mandatories, Certificate of Competency (C.O.C), Food Handling
- Must have a recognized Seaman’s discharge book and a valid offshore medical certificate
All vessel positions can be physically demanding. Bending, climbing, repetitive motion, and heavy lifting are requirements of most vessel positions. Every crew member works varied shifts, which average 12 hours a day, every day.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484931 to apply for this job .