The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
WFP is seeking qualified individuals with experience working in culturally sensitive and complex environments often in remote areas.
- Provide technical advice and support WFP and its partners on matters pertaining to food security and nutrition strategies, policies, programmes, and facilitate the timely and productive use of related outputs in a manner that complies with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Manage and/or conduct food security, nutrition, markets and resilience analysis and prepare timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
- Keep up to date with and advise on food assistance developments and issues and the potential impact upon WFP activity to enable timely and appropriate programme evolution and intervention.
- Contribute to the development of programme activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and recommendations to facilitate food assistance needs to be met effectively.
- Provide coaching and guidance to VAM staff as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact.
- Represent WFP during meetings with partners to contribute to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, and seek for appropriate interventions (based on an evidence base), and areas for potential collaboration.
- Build capacity of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct analysis on food security, nutrition, markets, resilience, and related topics to effectively inform policies and programmes.
- Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least five years of progressively responsible professional post graduate experience, including at least 1 year of international experience.
- Collecting geospatial and socioeconomic food security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- Led surveys, multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis.
- Participated in design and implementation of programmes focusing in food security.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484269 to apply for this job .