Bourbon Oil and Gas offers the most demanding oil and gas companies a comprehensive range of surface and subsea marine services for offshore oil and gas fields and wind farms, based on an extensive range of latest-generation vessels. The Group provides a local service through its 29 operating affiliates, close to clients and their operations, guaranteeing the highest standards of service quality and safety worldwide.
A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services. With this continuous expansion we are looking for career orientated seafarers that are looking to develop a long term career with a leading maritime organization that can offer job and financial security.
- The Master has the overhaul command and authority for the navigation and operations of the vessel, represents BOURBON in all contacts with the Charterer and has full responsibility to protect BOURBON interests.
- Command and operate the vessel in a safe and cost efficient manner.
- Responsible for the seaworthiness of the vessel
- Ensure that neither the vessel nor crew facilitate unsafe practices
- Ensure that the vessel and her crew conform to all Company, International, Flag State and Classification Society regulations
- Ensure that there is a smooth operational relationship with all clients
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
- Supervise officers and crew training
- Train the Chief Officer in all aspects of ships command with special emphasis on maneuvering of vessel
- Carry out officers and crew assessments
- Chair the vessel’s Safety Committee Meetings
- Report to the HSE Manager (or according to reporting procedure) any matters which could be detrimental to the safety of the vessel, crew or company property
- Ensure that all paperwork pertaining to accounts, safety, operations and crew is completed satisfactorily and where applicable filed or dispatched to head office in time
- Keep accurate accounts
- Ensure that the Oil Record Book is correctly filled in by the Chief Engineer
- Supervise shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs
- Maintain throughout the contract a good communication with the contract manager as per Bourbon client satisfaction chain
- Line reporting and functional linkage
- This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Persuasion and Leadership skills
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- He shall be so fluently bilingual that he reacts immediately to a stressed command in English given by THE CHARTERERS rig move master.
- The Master shall be in possession of a valid II/2 STCW License.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484241 to apply for this job .