Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Based in Abuja)
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of Projects in a cost effective and timely manner; assisting the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of data in relation to project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also work closely with the project team and State Program Officers.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibility
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, supervision and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Analyse M&E reports from states;
- Participate in field monitoring, data validation and data quality assurance for the achievement of results;
- Provide feedback to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Program Manager on project outputs and outcomes;
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual progress on all project activities to the M&E Manager;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the M&E Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist in coordinating data entry processes for the Project;
- Ensure periodic backup of project documents;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, medical sciences or other related discipline, a post graduate qualification in epidemiology or statistics is an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of three years' work experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by Non Governmental Organizations.
- Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidates without a post graduate degree
Additional Skills Required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Open to, and tolerant of, other cultures and religion
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to write detailed and coherent reports.
- Ability to utilize office application programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other program software e.g DHIS and statistical applications like SPSS, epilnfo, etc
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Proven ability to maintain schedules for deliverables and track budgets.
- Ability to coordinate with partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
- Ability to guide and motivate staff in the field.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484236 to apply for this job .