Program Officer (Based in Abuja/Kebbi)
The Program Officer will support the Programs department by focusing on program design, planning and implementation of project activities while ensuring the regular reporting on all aspects of program quality is assured with grants management, finance and audit. The Program Officer will ensure regular reporting on all aspects of program quality. The Program Officer will spend some time visiting project state to ensure activities are implemented as planned and maintain a two-way communication system for timely reports, feedback and troubleshooting. S/he is also expected to interface with donor, partners, government agencies, and other stakeholders working with, or proposing to work with ACOMIN and communicate responses as needed. The Programme Officer will represent the organization as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Programme Officer
- Ensure timely execution of all project activities according to the project plans in collaboration with project partners and consultants
- Provide Technical Support in Development, Planning, and Implementation of Malaria programs with particular focus on Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM) activities.
- Ensure alignment of daily activities with project goals, approved work plan and standards to give high quality within budget and timely delivery of services.
- Train staff and implementing agents on Programming , Budgeting and Grant Management
- Develop training recommendations and schedules with Program Managers and other units in order to increase coordination and communication capacities.
- Track the detailed implementation plans for all ACOMIN projects and ensure that timelines and end of project dates are communicated to state officer, volunteers and implementing organizations.
- Examine monthly reports from state to sieve issues militating against program activities and provide an avenue for the resolution of such issues.
- Provide Technical Support to the state program officers and the IAs on budget preparation and monthly monitoring of reports on Advances and Liquidations from partners.
- Update all files for monthly reports, program meeting minutes, weekly/monthly action plans.
- Produce program content for the ACOMIN website.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, medical sciences or other related discipline; a post graduate qualification in Public health or other related discipline is an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of three years' work experience in Public Health; particularly in Malaria programs or any other programs in other disease areas.
- Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidates without a post graduate degree
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Open to, and tolerant of, other cultures and religion
- Ability to work well with minimal or no supervision
- Skilled at handling multiple and complex tasks with the ability to prioritize.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to write detailed and coherent reports.
- Ability to utilize office application programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of grant management templates using database software
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building gaps and opportunities.
- Experience in designing tools for grant management, tracking, analysis and production of reports.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Ability to coordinate with partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
- Willing to work additional hours and some weekends as the need arises.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484234 to apply for this job .