Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The overall purpose of this position is to expand, coordinate and improve ACF’s advocacy and communication work for tackling under nutrition at Federal and State levels, explore the States’ contexts to develop, refine and execute the advocacy strategy employing different communication tools to ensure the inclusion of nutrition on the political and development agenda. Also to develop and communicate advocacy messages targeted to various stakeholder groups and especially decision makers at States level (and secondary at Federal) using evidence from ACF’s programme experience and the work of other key nutrition stakeholders and to disseminate updates on new developments in nutrition advocacy, government policies, regional and international events, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the advocacy strategy.
- Implement the advocacy strategy at Federal and States level.
- Representation in advocacy fora.
- Capacity building and repository of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communication and media.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in the humanitarian/development sector.
- Minimum 2 years of humanitarian experience in an advocacy position.
- Experience with ACF is desirable.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills.
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.
- Credibility to lobby, network, influence and represent ACF Nigeria at all levels.
- Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt.
- Knowledge and practical experience of general humanitarian standards and principles such as Sphere Standards, HAP, and the Red Cross Code of Conduct, Do No Harm and conflict sensitivity.
- Up to date knowledge of the humanitarian discourse around key concepts such as devolution, resilience, LRRD.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines/procedures.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Package.
- Good understanding of all three ACF’s technical sectors is desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484217 to apply for this job .