Plan, organize and execute professional level accounting work in connection with the maintenance of financial records and monitoring of all grants consistent with audit requirements; perform a wide variety of functions involved in the maintenance of financial records and services; participate in the development, modification and maintenance of company, or grant budgets; assist in the preparation of related budgetary records and reports; perform reconciliations, and produce special reports; and perform related work as required.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Utilizes accounting system (QuickBooks Enterprise) and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for management purpose and reports.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Liaising with tax agents on company taxation.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Candidate must possess a strong business acumen and knowledge of the oil & gas sector
- A deep understanding of taxation and auditing principles
- Ability to use QuickBooks Enterprise and/or other accounting software
- A positive attitude
- Must have good communication, arithmetic, organizational and writing skills.
- Should possess the ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment.
- Good understanding of financial practices and principles with excellent decision making and analytical skills.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ relevant working experience in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Relevant professional certification in Accounting (ICAN/ACCA) is mandatory
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and a Cover Letter to the email address below using the job role you’re applying for as the Subject Title.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/484197 to apply for this job .