Fortis Microfinance Bank Plc. is a leading Nigerian financial institution licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2007 and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange as the first private sector led Microfinance Bank in 2012.
FORTIS in partnership with the German AFOS Foundation, and the German Catholic Entrepreneurs Association (BKU) is implementing a project co-financed by the German Government to strengthen FORTIS’s capacity to promote qualitative growth and efficiently manage the quality of its services. Focus is on ensuring efficient management of resources, personnel development as well as improving FORTIS’s capacity to provide further training to other microfinance institutions.
- On-the-job training (operations - Field, Branch, Region and Head Office) - 3 months
- Functional information and involvement in projects - 2 months.
- Project Management and responsibility - 2 months
- Special training in the functional areas where the future job is planned - 3 months.
- Formal training units in the form of seminars and workshops on relevant management skills - 2 months and upon resumption.
- To ensure compliance to the bank’s accounting system and internal control policies, in order to protect the bank’s asset
- Assist the head, Internal Audit and Control in the design, revision or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the bank
- Handle specific audit assignments at the Head Office or Region, as directed by Head Internal Audit and Control
- Facilitate the audit itinerary of the Regional Auditor
- The ideal candidate must possess a B.Sc degree
- Candidates are required to be between the ages 25 to 30 years old as at the date of application
- Maximum of 3 years work experience, fresh graduate are also eligible
- Ability to use IT tools such MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
Apart from the intensive academic training on general management, inputs on FORTIS ’s culture, strategy, structure and systems as well as on-the-job project management capacity building, the focus on professional training is to serve the purpose of future management responsibilities in the respective areas above.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483975 to apply for this job .