The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
Background / General Descriptions
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is currently looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding, fast-paced environment to serve as Driver.
The driver will be under direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) who has delegated responsibility for technical and professional development and performance evaluation of the Driver.
The Driver is an integral part of the Nigeria Country Office Administrative and Logistics support team. Under the general supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent would report directly to the RMO.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Job Description and Accountabilities
- The Incumbent’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Transport of authorized personnel to/from airports, meetings, appointments and other official duties.
- Transport authorized personnel on business travel to/from locations throughout Nigeria and surrounding countries.
- Offer logistic support to staff before, during and after meetings.
- Delivery and collection of official mails, documents and other items.
- Meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities and any other protocol matter.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of vehicles, checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres and any other normal basic checks on official vehicles to ascertain their motorable and road-worthy condition.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs.
- Ensure that vehicles are kept clean at all times and in a ready-to-go condition.
- Follow all steps required by Bank rules in case of accident or near-accident.
- Log all trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, changing of oil, lubrication, etc.
- Ability to conduct hands-on coaching for staff and colleagues, especially on defensive driving.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management or any other person acting on behalf of management.
- Secondary level education with at least 3 passes in WASCE or equivalent training.
- At least 5 years driving experience, defensive driving skills being an advantage.
- Possess a valid National driving License.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to interact in the Local Language is desirable.
- Working knowledge of the City of Abuja.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483960 to apply for this job .