The Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening. The organization provides comprehensive HIV care and treatment services to more than 30,000 HIV infected persons through health facilities and community organizations in Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo States.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Laboratory Director for an upcoming Center for Disease Control funded health program in Nigeria.
Position/Tittle: Laboratory Director
The Laboratory Director will be responsible for the overall operation, leadership, direction, and administration of the Clinical Laboratory program area for a CDC-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment project in Nigeria.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's laboratory operations and performance.
- Ensure that the laboratory platforms provide the quality of results required for patient care; verification procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method; and laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Provide training to laboratory personnel to provide and report accurate results for the type and complexity of the services
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring individuals who conduct pre analytical, analytical and post analytical phases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency to process specimens, perform test procedures and report test results promptly and proficiently, and whenever necessary, identify needs for remedial training or continuing education to improve skills.
- Establish operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on-time delivery.
- Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs in evaluation of long-range planning and regulatory action on operational performance. Foster a unified culture and promotes a process for collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and mutual teamwork.
- Monitor utilization patterns of lab services and advises Leadership and other appropriate staff of developing trends in clinical service needs.
- Ensure operational adherence to currently accepted technical service standards for laboratory medicine.
This position is suitable for Medical Laboratory Scientists and graduates of any related discipline with a Master’s degree. Candidate should have at least eight years work experience within the development sector. Expertise in molecular diagnostics is required. A doctorate degree will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a one page suitability statement with current Resume in Microsoft word format. Both documents should be put together as one document and sent in as a single attachment by Friday the 23rd of September 2016. Please indicate the position you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
Note only successful candidates will be invited for the interview.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483789 to apply for this job .