- Responsible for study, design, specification and services related to electrical and electronic systems including power generation, transmission and distribution, power systems performance and control, cabling and wiring, lighting, motor control centers, communications systems, cathodic protection, grounding lightning protection, heat tracing etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of four years experience.
- Ability to work and produce with minimum supervision. Oil and Gas experience is an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- As an electrical engineer, you'll be involved with designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems machinery and equipment.
- Work in a very wide range of sectors, including power generation, transmission and distribution, manufacturing, building services, as well as telecommunications.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations:
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
- Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products
- Do detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
- Direct manufacturing, installing, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes
- Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions
- Work with project managers on project efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
- Inspect, maintain repair and overhaul electromechanical and solid state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards.
- Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems for Project facilities and equipment.
- Perform high voltage switching and operate generators in support of operations.
- Work safely and cooperatively with co-workers and the public.
- Lead a work party in performing maintenance or repair work.
- Other related incidental work as needed.
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.Responsible for station lockout/tagout procedures as mandated by company policy.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- At least 4 years work experience in similar field
- COREN / NCE Certificate
- Msc in Electrical Engineering (majoring in Power)
- Being a fellow is an added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483450 to apply for this job .