Candidate must be versed in court room advocacy, arbitration, negotiation and other dispute resolution methods and also general Commercial law practice.
He or she must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
On the job, the individual’s responsibilities shall include amongst other duties:
- To direct, manage and monitor the company’s portfolio of law suits and liaise with external legal counsel;
- To review Contracts, Agreements and legal documents of the Company to determine potential legal risks that could result in law suits and advise on approach to take in addressing these risks;
- To provide legal advisory support to all business units including analysis and interpretation of issues and trends relating to the business.
Candidate must be a qualified Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria with at least 9 years’ post-call experience; most of which should have been earned practising as a Litigator with a reputable Commercial Law Firm or as part of an in-house Legal Team of a reputable Company.
Other requirements of Candidate should include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Sound understanding of Capital Markets & general Commercial Law and Advocacy practice;
- Good track record of handling suits especially Capital Market related matters and general Commercial Litigation;
- Excellent communication skills including written and interpersonal;
- Good planning and Organizational skills;
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, knowledge and experience of administrative procedures including preparation, review and filing of Court processes;
- Strong Leadership and managerial Skills.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483448 to apply for this job .