A Lagos-based IT firm is in need of a top-notch digital marketing officer. Someone who knows his onions in and out and can hit the ground running. We have a handful of online business services and need a professional digital marketing officer to promote them online massively using several media; on-site and off-site marketing strategies.
Apparently, extensive marketing would have to be done on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. Some data entry would also be part of the role; web content publishing and editing, web traffic management, monitoring, analysis, etc.
1. To create and implement our digital marketing strategy.
2. To create and write exciting, punchy content suitable for the website, including rewriting/editing content.
3. To maximise SEO opportunities to improve our rankings markets.
4. To keep key content areas of the website fresh and dynamic by seeking out new copy, imagery, audio and video materials.
5. To ensure all website content is accurate, accessible, consistent and up-to-date by systematically checking and updating web pages and also by removing information on a timely basis.
6. To draft our social media strategy and policies and ensure we are capitalising on publicity opportunities via social media channels.
7. To project manage the development of new micro-sites and other digital initiatives.
8. To work with other areas of the business on project related activities that require redevelopment or deployment of new web content/functionality.
9. To maintain a continuous and positive dialogue with our staff and students, proactively seeking out fresh and creative content and generally keeping an awareness of forthcoming activities to be marketed via the website.
10. To produce monthly reports evaluating the effectiveness of the websites and social media channels and make recommendations for improvements.
11. To report to and be a member of the ICT Committee to help inform and play a role in shaping ICT strategy.
12. To maintain a thorough awareness of developments and trends in digital marketing and communications and make recommendations as appropriate.
Requirements of the role
Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
Being proactive is OVERLY important
Meticulous attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy
Can work remotely.
Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
Experience in setting up and optimising Google Adwords campaigns
Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
Ability to work efficiently to deadlines, handling a number of complex tasks simultaneously and able to prioritise work, yet be flexible under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Knowledge on how to build communities online via blogs, forums, social networking