The Company is a digital TV software company specializing in advanced EPGs, interactive broadcast, and IP services and solutions for Pay-TV and analogue switch off markets.
The Company is currently in the middle of a strategic repositioning of its business and is seeking to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer
GENERAL JOB ATTRIBUTES:
Candidates who seek to apply for this position must be self-motivating, result oriented, resilient, a team player, and have good interpersonal skill.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related as well as the Human Resources & Admin activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Continuous management of financial & Inventory systems and accounts standard operating procedures
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and dealing with any financial irregularities as they arise
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Preparing financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
- Preparing profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Preparing and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Explaining billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Recommending, developing and maintaining financial data bases, computer software systems and manual accounts filing systems.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with other statutory requirements.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the issues underlying financial performance.
- Along with Human Resources and Administrative Services, advise in areas such as compensation, and other benefits.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Performing any other duties as required by executive management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant experience in direct management and control of turnover operation
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data
- Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members
- Qualified accountant to at least ACCA ICAN level
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems
- Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock
- Excellent communication; both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven report writing skills
- Working knowledge of computerised accounting systems
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven ability to liaise with statutory agencies e.g. FIRS
- Team Leader/Player
- Ability to set targets, motivate and inspire staff to achieve targets.
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating.
- Personal Integrity
- Excellent time management skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/483198 to apply for this job .