The school bursar performs the following
- Preparing pupils' bills and collecting all fees for : Daycare / Primary/ Secondary and Summer Schools
- Preparing invoice, Cheques and payment
- Preparing and Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE and compliance with regulations
- Disbursing of Imprest /petty Cash and Invoicing
- Recording and data entry in peachtree
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing Statements of Account, P&L, Final Account and Balance sheets
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Dealing with the school's income tax/VAT assessments.
- Involvement in the marketing and development of the school
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the governing body.
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, the latter in consultation with the proprietress/ director
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Knowledge of computer applications and terms regarding accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting software applications (Peachtree, Microsoft excel)
- Knowledge of managerial methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws affecting the school accounting.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedules.
- Ability to meet and serve the public tactfully and effectively.
- Ability to administer established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Minimum qualification of OND in Business, Management, Public Administration, or related field of study. Additional job-related education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
N:B Applicants should live within the enviroms of Mushin.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482944 to apply for this job .