Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
To support implementation of WASH component of project including construction/rehabilitations, follow up of community hygiene groups, and collaboration with WASH stakeholders at state/LGA levels.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Objective 1: Implement, hygiene promotion, and community mobilisation activities at LGA level
- Facilitate carrying out community mobilization and hygiene promotion session among the IDPs and host communities.
- Proactively participate in Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities for sanitation and hygiene promotion activities at LGA level.
- Assist the WASH Officer in providing training to Health Workers/Community Volunteers/WaSHCom and other partners on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Support the WASH Officer in organizing information meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Proactively participate in the selection of beneficiaries for the NFI kit along with full participation in the distribution process.
- Provide full support to WASH Officer in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including Government Ministries/Department/Agencies at LGA level
- Objective 2: Collect information and data on community mobilization and hygiene promotion related activities at LGA level:
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion activities to ensure behavioural change and project ownership
- Ensure post distribution monitoring mechanism in place for NFI kits and target communities are equally trained for handling and usage.
- Objective 3: Collaborate with local authorities and the population, for the smooth implementation of the Hygiene promotion activities:
- Assist the WASH Officer in defining the approach with local stakeholders.
- Collaborate well with Community Volunteers (CVs) on hygiene promotion messaging and act as an interface between IDPs and CVs.
Skills & Experience
- Administrative & General Skills:
- First degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or other WASH-related fields from a recognized/accredited Tertiary Institution in Nigeria
- At least two years post-graduation experience
- Advanced degree will be an added advantage
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes
- Training and experience on borehole and VIP latrine construction/rehabilitation
- Community mobilisation and advocacy experience
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482786 to apply for this job .