Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
About Farming World and Rural development Initiative
FAWARD, formed in 1996 when there was gross failure in crops, pesticide hazards and low prices, offered by middlemen. Our involvement in HIV/AIDS and social health related issues was due to the effects of HIV/AIDS in Cross River in 2004 with a prevalence rate of 12% the highest in the federation. After an in-depth research and focus group discussions with stakeholders like Farmers, agro-dealers, Environmentalist, Processors, Marketers, Consumers, the health sector, and service providers among others. Out of passion, Mr Henry Ogar Etta decided to form the group.
The volunteer's role
- In order to continue their vital work of Improved access of young women and men to health information provided by youth friendly services,FAWARD is in need of a volunteer who will build the capacity of their team to identify, cultivate, secure and steward donors.
- We are trying to match the perfect volunteer to the perfect experience so our start dates can be flexible. It would just depend on the partner organization’s needs.
The volunteer will:
- Conduct a stewardship audit to identify past challenges to renewing institutional and individual donors.
- Assist FAWARD staff in developing a case for support for each core program.
- Identify and build relationships with foundations, multi-laterals and private donors who have not previously supported the work of FAWARD.
- Work collaboratively with the FAWARD team to write and submit funding proposals.
- Conduct an indepth capacity assessment (CAP) of FAWARD for Cuso International
Essential Academic Qualifications
- A university degree in public relations, communication, marketing or related social science field
- Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- At least 3 years related work experience in non-governmental organizations, development agencies, hospitals, community based organisations in fundraising, business development and/or program development.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482490 to apply for this job .