Is responsible for the entire fleet management process within the group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain electronic databases of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Arrange fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule Special Event Planning.
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and license formalities and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles in existing fleet.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with the assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in the industry.
- Provide direction to department staff to regulate budget cycle requirements and control budgeting process.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement.
- Plan and prepare an annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- University degree with good grades
- Professional Accounting certification or post graduate qualification in finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with prior experience in fleet management preferably in an FMCG, Transport industry.
- Knowledge of Local Authority vehicle fleets with its diverse and complex vehicle types supporting the front line services including; Light Commercial Vehicles, including Car Derived Vans, Panel Vans,chassis cab type and pick-up vehicles.
- Medium Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Goods Vehicles
- Fleet Cars
- 4x4 type utility vehicles
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Firm and organized.
- Good team management skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Sound decision-making capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good business judgment
- A good head for numbers
- Sound Computer Skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482439 to apply for this job .