The American University of Nigeria was established in 2004 by Nigeria’s former Vice President, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar. Conceived as Africa’s first Development University, its mission is to promote service learning and to educate leaders who will be prepared to tackle the development issues of Nigeria and Africa. The university offers an American-style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities, using the latest in Internet technology and e-learning resources.
- AUN is seeking a motivated Professor/Associate Professor of Economics who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service, as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate contributes to preparing students to be applied and practical, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- S/he will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structure that would translate to effective teaching and learning of the subject matter in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
- Successful candidates will possess a PhD in Economics (or a related discipline) from a reputable University; specialties in Development Economics, is preferred.
- Relevant teaching and research experience and knowledge of relevant VLE technologies with ICT tools and e-resources is required.
- Candidates should possess a strong record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage. International experience is preferred.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482412 to apply for this job .