Drive Test and Radio Frequency Optimization on telecommunication service operations. All work deliverables must be in accordance with agreed customer specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must understand deliverables and methodology, as agreed with clients.
- Performing Drive Test & Optimization, as well as RF frequency scanning, analysis and reporting for 2G/3G/4G Networks.
- Must possess working knowledge of correct setup and operations of work tools.
- Analysis for network quality and performance related issues.
- Monitor system performance via statistics and drive tests.
- Post Processing of Log Files, using standard industry tools.
- Optimize RF performance by tuning physical and network parameters and related statistics
- Handling all RF related customer complaints, as assigned by customer or Team Lead.
- Conduct acceptance test procedure and output reports according to agreed customer specifications.
- Network Quality assurance regularly monitor data inconsistencies/discrepancies.
- Performs Technical Investigations into topics related to radio network design and performance, such as: new type of hardware and new radio planning and optimization tools.
- Work hand in hand with Other RF Optimization Engineers on technical and field support problems arising from sites.
- Used MapInfo to analyze drive tests log files, create thematic maps and other reports.
B.Sc. / H.N.D. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or related fields.
Required Working Experience:
1 to 2 years as a Drive Test optimization engineer
Experience with optimization in multi-band/ multi-technology scenarios.
Telecom vendor related certifications are added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
The following are required of the DT & RF Optimization Engineer:
Ability to work in and with a team lead.
Excellent knowledge of all or some of the following tools;
TEMS – Pocket, Investigation, Discovery
NEMO – Outdoor, Handy, Analyzer.
- Must possess good understanding of key principles of RF technologies, such as; GSM, WCDMA, LTE, especially Call Flow.
- Must possess knowledge of various testing scenarios, tools and methodologies required to perform each.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Extended travel.
- Extended work hours.
- Extensive work pressure.
- High customer centricity.
Mandatory physical / medical examination
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482163 to apply for this job .