Responsible for the physical completion of assigned task at the actual location of project as a team member deployed for the project. Supports Team Lead to ensure all required tasks and documentations are complete, by acceptable customer standards within agreed SLAs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Deploy to site and start work as per instruction from team lead
- Responsible for erecting towers, installing and aligning antennas, installing transmission lines, hangers, tower groundings and installing communication equipment at height.
- Physically carry out assigned task at the project site which include but not limited to climbing, work at height, hoisting, pulling, manual lifting, coupling etc.
- Must be able to conduct and document Technical Site Surveys.
- Adhere strictly to appropriate and approved quality and EHS processes depending on project requirement.
- Use smart tools to achieve project deliverables as delegated to you by Team Lead
- Feedback task completion status to the Team Lead for on-site verification against approved standard.
- Report any issues or discrepancies at the site to the Team Lead in real time that will permit application of appropriate solution to issues raised.
- Work with Team Lead to ensure that all project and EHS related issues, incidents and accidents that occur at the project site are documented using the approved template.
- Below are key outputs expected of the Field Technician (Rigger):
- Achievement of assigned work package within SLA.
- Site Documentation. E.g. pictures in specified templates
- Customer-validated deliverables. E.g. ATP
- SSCE or Any relevant vocational qualification.
- Required Working Experience:
- 2 years in similar role.
- Experience working at heights in any related industry is an added advantage.
- Rigger certificate.
- Safety training.
- Equipment Vendor certification is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Must be comfortable with heights and be able to climb up to 100 meters or more.
- Must be able to safely handle telecommunication equipment, and work with such at heights.
- Must have working protection in fall protection practice and procedures and tower life saving techniques.
- Ability to speak, read and write (English / French) and comport self in a civilized manner under pressure.
- Ability to identify and select cables, ropes, blocks and tackle by weight and size of load to be moved as per project requirements.
- Reasonable problem identification and solving skills.
- Good time management skills including the ability to prioritize, and complete assigned tasks on time.
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
The working condition is such that the incumbent operate mainly outdoor and at heights. It requires a lot of traveling. The incumbent can be called upon to move to site at regular and special conditions like evenings, weekends and festive days and pressure from tight work deadlines. Some of the items to be handled may include but not limited to RF antenna and accessories, Microwave antenna and accessories, Base stations and accessories, tool box, safety gear, radio receiver unit, base band unit etc.
This is a physically demanding job and the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, climb and work at heights, lift heavy objects on a regular basis and do repetitive tasks with few breaks. The incumbent must possess satisfactory physical and health / medical status, examined by certified practitioners or institutes.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482162 to apply for this job .