Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
- Based in Abuja Nigeria, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global and SSC teams.
- The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local and West Africa finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Nigeria Leadership Team.
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certification
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cashflow forecasts and cash management (incl A/R management)
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc.
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost center; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for training, expense reporting, CCP’s
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
- 8 - 10 years experience within finance; of which 2 years at managerial level.
- Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
- Thorough understanding of USGAAP and IFRS concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/482141 to apply for this job .