The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years, AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa.
The Cost Controller will be charged with the responsibility of tracking and controlling cost. The duties shall include but NOT limited to estimating cost, reporting cost, negotiating purchases and effective cost management in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Close supervision over stores operation.
- Coordination of periodic stock/cash count.
- Compilation of Proforma Invoices.
- Issuing of Accounts statements to debtors.
- Constant reminder to debtors, through phone, electronic mail or personal contacts.
- Constant monitoring of sales and banqueting functions for proper accountability.
- Staff payroll check and journalisation.
- Daily reconciliation of sales against cash collection.
- Reconciliation of daily cash takings against bank teller.
- Monthly computation of service charge payable to staff.
- Assist the Head of Finance from time to time as requested.
- Reviews vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, availability of funds, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or contractual agreements
- Makes corrections on transaction documents as needed. Adjustments to previous entries
- Prepares statements and reports that are factual in nature and that require computations (such as totals, sub-totals, or balances) prepares collection reports and/or bank deposits
- Posts financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- A BSc degree or HND in Accounting or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Three years’ experience in same or a similar position.
- Certification in ANAN or ICAN will be an added advantage
- Excellent proficiency with the use of database management software and other computer devices to perform duties more efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
- Other requirements, abilities for the position
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481726 to apply for this job .