Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; we are currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill this role
- The Underwriter is primarily responsible for managing routine day to day business of the department. Other responsibilities:
- Class of business to be handled; Property, Casualty, Liability, Engineering, Oil and Gas
- Provide underwriting support to sales team as required.
- As and when required, correspond directly with the client.
- Assess and understand the information gathered from the sales team /client in order to assess the risk to be insured.
- Prepare insurance broker’s slips and forward the same to various reinsurers to obtain terms.
- Evaluate and review the terms obtained from the reinsurers in order to ensure that it is as per our requirements.
- Prepare the quotations for submission to the clients.
- On receipt of firm order from the client, liaise with the insurer for placement & confirmation of cover.
- To ensure that policy/endorsements issued is as per the terms quoted to the client.
- Knowledgeable on claim handling
- To manage renewal of policies, sending advance renewal notice to clients, timely and correct issuance of renewed policies.
- To ensure that all management reports are prepared correctly and submitted timely.
- To ensure that all processes and procedures of the department are being followed properly.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree [qualification in insurance is a plus]
- 3-5 years’ experience in insurance
- Possessing good team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize work on the basis of importance
- Ability to take independent decisions
- Good in drafting presentations/reports
- Willing to learn and improve
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481556 to apply for this job .