FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
SHARP project is anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will report to the DCOP and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project knowledge management strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information;
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E;
- Develop and implement appropriate guidelines to support USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts and USAID’s Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results, contribute to national data collection and information systems, ensure data quality;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- A master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or a related discipline
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for public health programs in developing countries, practical experience with HIV/AIDS programs preferred
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481500 to apply for this job .