Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, DC, in 1927 by J Willard and Alice S Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program, which together surpass 49M members.
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Provide direction to the team of Mini Bar/Refreshment Center Attendants.
- Assist with opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. and facilitate positive guest experience with the in-room refreshment center.
- Inventory refreshment center, in-room accessories and promotional materials and replace if required. Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of each refreshment center.
- Record sales using the computer system and restock bars as instructed.
- Maintain an awareness of products availability, product expiration dates, and inventory levels to prevent stock-out situations.
- Use computer and software programs to assign guest rooms to all attendants and follow up to confirm that all attendants' notes are relayed to management.
- Prepare a listing of rooms to inventory each day, prepare a restocking cart, and push the cart to the floors where rooms are ready to inventory.
- Place orders for products with suppliers in the event of an emergency.
- Respond to requests from guests and assign to the proper attendant.
- Communicate any issues regarding the refreshment center operation with hotel management.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing more than 25 pounds with assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/481282 to apply for this job .